Individual & Family Assistance-Catholic Charities (Houma)
Challenge Funds Available
Endowment Funds Available
Providing compassionate service and empowering people in need through faithfulness to the Gospel.
The overall purpose of the Office of Individual & Family Assistance is to support low income families in maintaining their own households. The office accomplishes this purpose through eight different programs:
1 . Social Security Disability Application Assistance
2. Budget Counseling
3. Emergency Financial Assistance (Rent, Utilities, Medicine, Funerals)
4. Free Income Tax Preparation & E-Filing
5. Project Self Help (purchase of items needed for employment)
6. St. Christopher Safe Auto Repair Program
7. Adopt A Family For Christmas
8. Bridging the Bayous Timebank (brings citizens together to help each other with services needed at home without charging money)
There are more low income families in need of financial assistance for rent, utilities, funerals, and medicine than what our budget can provide due to the slump in our economy.
Our newest program, Bridging the Bayous Timebank is in need of funds for the purchase of materials (small display table, banner, easel, laptop, projector/screen) needed to actively promote the program at festivals, resource fairs, and other community functions.